My vote goes to D (and B, but I don't think that's under dispute).  OK, so
'excessive' is subjective, but then so is 'large'.  The question's not asking
WHEN the problems will occur, or even claiming that problems will occur in all
circumstances, just asking what POSSIBLE problems there are.
My reasoning is that as the number of networks increases, the number of LSAs
increases, but the number of adjacencies each router has doesn't necessarily
increase (by much).  The question implies single OSPF area, so summarisation
doesn't come into the picture.  Given a finite amount of memory, CPU etc on
routers, a 'large' number of networks will cause a 'large' number of LSAs, which
have to be refreshed every 30 minutes regardless of network changes, which
causes traffic, CPU usage, etc - and potential problems.  Especially if you
interpret 'large' as 'large enough to cause problems'.

JMcL
---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 15/11/2000 09:24 am

"Chuck Larrieu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 15/11/2000 07:11:13 am

Please respond to "Chuck Larrieu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>