>"Ibrahim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

May I make some suggestions here?  Learning to use the cisco website
indeed is important, and indeed is not the only way.  In this
particular case, I don't think you will find the answer there.

Why?  Because there have been recent discussions on this list about
OSPF sizing and on OSPF failure recovery.  These discussions did
require looking at the RFCs, and also some expert opinion that
largely isn't written down.  So, I'd say in this case, if there was
an appropriate autoreply at all, it would have been "check the
archives."

My suggestion here would be to write why you think b is a correct
answer, and what your thoughts are about each of the alternatives.

But I do have some specific technical comments; see below.

>if you said refer to www.cisco.com, why everybody still need this
>mailing-list ? why there are many questions in this group ? Or better just
>simple make auto replay answer in this group "go to cisco website, you'll
>find the answer". :-)
>
>Ibrahim
>
>>  There are far better minds than mine, on this list , that defer to
>>  www.cisco.com as the definitive resource , this makes complete sense for
>>  obvious reasons. If you simply require an answer to your question I can
>>  provide you with that and also a whole swag of logical arguements and
>>  reasoning behind why I'm sure I'm correct. The thing is , I could be
>>  wrong....  either way how do you benefit from it ?

As to the specific question, I think it's poorly worded.  I would
say, however, there are three correct answers.

   a) If I assume that more networks and routers are present, then logically
      more can fail, requiring recomputation.  There isn't any simple answer
      to sizing this, since it depends on the reliability of the networks
      and the CPU power of the routers in the area.

   b) If, by the routing table, they mean the area route calculation by
      OSPF, yes.  What I think of the main routing table, however, is that
      which is shown with sho ip route, which is not the same as the transient
      OSPF topology table.

   NOT c):  There is no such thing as an adjacency table. There is a neighbor
      table, which doesn't get recalculated unless a directly connected DR
      or BDR goes down.

   d) Well, yes. The more networks, the more LS entries.  On the other hand,
      this isn't usually a major limitation. CPU power is more likely to be
      a resource limit. I wonder if the author of the question might have been
      thinking of the OSPF Database Overflow feature, which Cisco doesn't
      implement since iBGP handles that problem better.