Telling someone to use the Cisco search engine for a question like this is
not helpful. It was kind of funny, but also a bit cruel, and definitely a
waste of bandwidth.

Answer A "more reachable errors" is clearly wrong since it's nonsense. I
think answer D is wrong also because an OSPF router doesn't really have a
link-state database. It has a topology database. (I'm not an OSPF guru, but
when trying to pass a test I look for cases where the test-writer garbled
the terminology to make a wrong answer.)

It's not really an easy question because the acceptable number of routers
in an OSPF area depends on many things:

How stable is the network? If the network is really stable, then OSPF
doesn't do much. Routers send hellos to each other and that's about all
that happens.

How busy are the routers already? Are they approaching a CPU utilization
that could cause problems if the shortest path first (Dijkstra) algorithm
has to be run often because of network instabilities?

How much memory does the router have to hold the topology database and
other data structures?

See the groupstudy archives for some good discussions by the Chucks on OSPF
scalability.

Priscilla