At 09:36 PM 11/14/00, Ibrahim wrote:

>thanks for your response.
>But if some router down, the nearest one will send message to DR & BDR, and
>DR will send multicast message (it won't be excessive) to its networks.

I agree it wouldn't be excessive. Within a LAN, the DR mechanism keeps
adjancies and LSA propagation from getting excessive. Between areas, the
number of LSAs would depend on summarization. So without more information
on the network topology, addressing, and configuration, we couldn't even
say when LSAs would be a problem.

Besides, as I look more closely at the answer, I see that it says,
"excessive link-state entries in the link-state table." What's a link-state
table? I think the test writer put a few good-sounding words together to
throw you off.

Conclusion: D is wrong.

This is the kind of thinking you should do to pass Cisco tests!  &;-)

Priscilla