>Kevin,
>Yes, the candidate routes sound like what I'm after.  I expect you're right
>about needing a separate command for each routing protocol.  I have a
>feeling that I may be asking for something that doesn't exist, at least not
>for all protocols.
>
>I've already dug around the 'show ip ospf database' commands, and I can't
>find one that actually shows the internal ospf routing table, but heaven
>knows there are enough combinations that I could have missed plenty.  'show
>ip ospf database' by itself just shows a list of LSAs, which while useful
>is not what I'm after in this case.
>'show ip ospf border-routers' shows the router entries in the route table,
>which is a start - but is there a way of seeing the network entries?
>
>And another nasty one - how about static routes (short of 'show run', of
>course)?
>
>JMcL

As far as I know, the only routing protocol that really keeps its own
routing table is BGP.

You might see OSPF's routes with a debug, but essentially, it
computes routes from the LSDB, sends them to the routing table
manager, and then forgets the specific intra-area routes. Inter-area
and external routes do have LSDB entries that correspond to the
route, but there isn't a routing table in the sense you describe.