From: Darren Ward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2000 4:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fast Ethernet MTU Size

Hi All,

Is it at all possible to raise the MTU size on Fast Ethernet?

I'll give you all a scenario....

ATM on one side with an MTU of 4470, fast ethernet connecting the two
routers, Gigabit Ethernet the other side with an MTU of 4470.

How can I raise the MTU of a Full Duplex Fast Ethernet Connection above
1500?

I assume it's not possible when going through switched as they will show
every packet as a giant but in a router to router cross-over connection
I was hoping there was some way to keep the MTU static across the path
rather than force the routers to fragment and re-assemble (of course the
destination re-assembles).

Darren Ward
CCNP, CCDP, CCIE Wannabee