From: Nigel Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 1:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Priscilla
Oppenheimer; Lou Nelson
Cc: Bryant Andrews
Subject: Re: can SPAN port transmit?

Lou,
        The answer is yes.  I must be more specific in stating that since
LANE extends layer 2 characteristics through the ATM cloud.  ELANs are
simply a way of extending a VLAN(lan segment/broadcast domain).
So plugging a sniffer onto a span port that is configured to a specific VLAN
which is mapped to a possible specific ELAN you should be able to capture
all/any traffic within the E-LAN(Extended-VLAN).

What you're seeing would tend to suggest a incorrectly SPAN port.

HTH

Nigel