From: Hunt Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2001 3:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Subnet questions

I have three subnet / route summarization questions but I don't
understand the answer, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Q1)    Choose the appropriate classless network address and broadcast
address for the IP address 10.6.38.50 with a subnet mask of
255.255.240.0

A)    10.6.38.49 and 10.6.38.62

B)    10.6.32.0 and 10.6.47.255

C)    10.6.38.0 and 10.6.38.255

D)    10.0.0.0 and 10.255.255.255

Answer is B.

Q2)    Given a classless route summarization of 72.8.0.0 /13.  Which IP
address fall into this scope?

A)    72.15.36.8

B)    72.13.1.1

C)    72.8.20.10

D)    72.7.200.100

E)    72.16.7.4

F)    72.40.1.8

Answer is A, B & C - why isn't E the ansewr as well?

Q3)    When using classless supernetting, which route best summarizes
the following networks?

192.168.9.0
192.168.10.0
192.168.11.0
192.168.12.0

A)    192.168.0.9 / 20

B)    192.168.0.0 / 16

C)    192.168.9.0 / 22

D)    192.168.8.0 / 21

I thought D is the answer, but the answer is C.

P.S.  Is there anywhere I can get more practice on these type of
questions?

Regards,
Hunt Lee
IP Solution Analyst