Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:

> Yup, SLARP is pretty cool. It's one good reason to use HDLC. It makes
> configuration so easy. Also, the students will love saying SLARP. I'm
> helping out with the academy at our local high school, as I've mentioned
> before. Those students will love saying SLARP, over and over and over again.

Unless autoinstall has changed in the last year or so, it used to first
try HCLC, then PPP, then Frame Relay, and I think there was a forth one.
Yes, SLARP is very cool... when you want it.  When you don't, it sure
adds a bunch of time -- if the SLARP succeeds, then IOS gets very patient
broadcasting rDNS, TFTP, etc. etc.

> I'm having a hard time, in general, teaching networking to kids who don't
> really love it and don't have to know it for their jobs. I got spoiled,
> teaching classes to people who had paid money to be there and needed the
> info to survive on the job. I'm sure it's quite different at a community
> college, but you probably get some young people too. Any advice?? Thanks!

Hmmm, tell them you're going to teach them TCP/IP operation so they can
learn how to tweak their TCP stack and soup up those Napster downloads!
:-)  :-)

- Marty