Yup, SLARP is pretty cool. It's one good reason to use HDLC. It makes
configuration so easy. Also, the students will love saying SLARP. I'm
helping out with the academy at our local high school, as I've mentioned
before. Those students will love saying SLARP, over and over and over again.

Lately, they have taken to giving me a hard time about "Sniffer." They
snicker every time I say it. It's kind of embarrassing, to be honest. I
want them to take it seriously. It's all boys, so I'm worried that Sniffer
means something dirty. Sigh.

I'm having a hard time, in general, teaching networking to kids who don't
really love it and don't have to know it for their jobs. I got spoiled,
teaching classes to people who had paid money to be there and needed the
info to survive on the job. I'm sure it's quite different at a community
college, but you probably get some young people too. Any advice?? Thanks!

Talk to you later!

Priscilla