Hi,

Basically full duplex you have a circuit from one device to another that has a send
path to the remote receive and visa versa.  Each path can send data independantly ie
both can send and receive at the same time.  In a Half duplex the signal is sent on
the same path from both ends when one end is sending the other end must listen and
cannot send.  Both send and receive use the same path.

Full duplex is usually 4 wires half can be 2 wires.

Hope this helps

Teunis
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia