Yes, you can certainly get more than 100mb total throughput, if you add the
two directions together.  But you can still only get 100 mb in either
direction, even if there's no traffic in one direction.   It's really a
matter of semantics.  Marketing types like to add both directions together
and claim that as the bandwidth, because they can claim a higher bandwidth
that way.  But in my opinion it's more useful to say it's 100 mb full
duplex, and that tends to still be the standard, particularly for serial
links.

JMcL
---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 23/02/2001

"AndyD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@groupstudy.com on 22/02/2001 03:01:21 pm

Please respond to "AndyD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]