To:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From:"Z" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:13:35 -0500
Subject: testing dial backup...

Question... Anybody know how I can test to see if our dial backup on our =
devices actually kicks up when the primary interface goes down? We have =
dialer interfaces as our backup and I want to see if they work. I just =
got to this place a month ago and have noticed that in most of the =
devices, they don't even have the backup statements configured on the =
primary int. Here's the kicker. I can't take the primary down to do this =
and I don't feel like coming in on the weekend  =3Do)   I remember =
somebody said something about creating a floating static and pinging =
something but I forget what was said. Is there just an easy way to do =
this? I would imagine there is. Thanks all,