You have to test it.......no matter what.  Thats like having a "Tape
backup" system, but never actually trying to do a restore until you *have*
to.

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Z wrote:

> Question... Anybody know how I can test to see if our dial backup on our =
> devices actually kicks up when the primary interface goes down? We have =
> dialer interfaces as our backup and I want to see if they work. I just =
> got to this place a month ago and have noticed that in most of the =
> devices, they don't even have the backup statements configured on the =
> primary int. Here's the kicker. I can't take the primary down to do this =
> and I don't feel like coming in on the weekend  =3Do)   I remember =
> somebody said something about creating a floating static and pinging =
> something but I forget what was said. Is there just an easy way to do =
> this? I would imagine there is. Thanks all,

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Netjam, LLC
http://www.netjam.net
1401 Oden St.
Suite 18
Shreveport, LA 71104
318-222-2638 x 109        318-222-2638 x 101
Fax 318-221-6612