So, you might be able to answer this question that I got on a PRAXIS exam
to allow me to teach "data processing" at the high-school level in Oregon.

Which of the following pairs of methods is used to locate and retrieve data
and/or program instructions that have been stored on external storage devices?

A. direct access and random access
B. random access and sequential access
C. indexed access and sequential access
D. single access and duplex access

All the questions were like this, by the way. ARGH. Maybe I should do my
CCIE instead of Oregon teaching certificate. &;-)

Priscilla