on 1e2w's and 2e2w's you can set full/half duplex on the 10Mbps ports

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Marty Adkins wrote:

> Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:
> >
> > Regarding the original question, though I couldn't find a URL to confirm
> > this, I don't think the Ethernet AUI port on the 2500 series Cisco router
> > supports full duplex. I think the 2500 routers came out before full duplex
> > Ethernet existed for one thing. Also, I doubt that it is possible to
> > support full duplex with an AUI attachment. You would need a way to tell
> > the transceiver to ignore collision detection, and that's probably not
> > supported.
> >
> The 2500 e0 is definitely half-duplex CSMA/CD only.  It uses a LANCE chip
> as its "NIC" which predates fast Ethernet.  AFAIK, there are no Cisco
> routers with 10Mb Ethernets that support full-duplex.  Prior to the
> introduction of fast Ethernet in the industry, there were a few NIC
> vendors that added full-duplex capability to 10Mb cards.  But it never
> really caught on; plus it was superceded by 10/100.
>
>   Marty Adkins                     Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   Mentor Technologies              Phone: 240-568-6526
>   133 National Business Pkwy       WWW: http://www.mentortech.com
>   Annapolis Junction, MD  20701    Cisco CCIE #1289

Special: Catalyst 3100 switch & 2503 router
         module $1000.00 (16MB / 8MB)!!!

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-222-2638 x 109        318-222-2638 x 101

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
1401 Oden St.             VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 18                  Cisco Channel Partner
Shreveport, LA 71104
Fax 318-221-6612