You might want to be careful whose ego is damaged.  Tell him to go to
Yipes and he can meet his needs.  They have a pure IP over fiber network
with a native ethernet interface to the office.  There is no need for
telephony.  Bandwidth is scalable from 1 Mbps to 1 Gbps bandwidth in 1
Mbps increments.   And no, I don't work for them so this isn't a sales
pitch.