Another to look into is Telseon (we just used them and
they are great.)

I would approach him him possible solution:
T1
T3
OC-3
And solutions from the fiber types (as stated before)

Then let him decide what he can afford.

Make sure to put ht eassociated hardware costs on
paper for him too.

For the T3 you'll need something that can support a
HSSI or DS-3 port (I think the 3600 series supports
the HSSI and OC-3, then 7500 is the first place I can
remember for the DS-3 w/DSU integrated, others you'll
need an external CSU/DSU)

--- Ben Hockenhull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Keith Townsend wrote:
>
> > I have a customer who wants to upgrade his 128K
> ISDN point to point
> > connections to at lease a 10mbps connection.  He
> is thinking along the lines
> > of LAN technologies.  He idea connection is a 1gb
> connection.  How would go
> > about explaining to this guy that he is out of his
> mind without damaging his
> > ego.  His the IT manager and thinks he's
> knowledgeable about networks.
>
> Actually, there are several companies that claim to
> offer connectivity
> from 1Mbps up to 1Gbps delivered via ethernet.
> Cogent Communications is
> one such company, at http://www.cogentco.com/.  I
> don't know if they're
> actually selling service and I have my doubts about
> their claims.
>
> Another company is Yipes, at http://www.yipes.com/,
> offering scalable
> bandwidth from 1Mbps to 1Gbps.  They seem to have a
> decent business plan
> and a reasonable infrastructure, but again, I can't
> speak for their actual
> service.
>
> This doesn't address any other misconceptions that
> your client may have
> regarding WAN bandwidth, but there you go.
>
> Ben

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====