My 2p OK,

Why should Cisco determine how many CCIE's are "required" ?
If they mean for themselves, then fine. If they are cutting back on staff and
don't need as many CCIEs then thats their call. But if they are looking to
produce the same volume of kit, then there will be the same volume of kit in
the industry, and hence the same number of people to design, install, support
etc...

Steve

>===== Original Message From "Kevin Wigle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>on the same topic - almost.........
>
>is the new Channel Partner Program that begins this July.
>
>Being "only" a Premier Partner I guess I don't get the whole story as it
>relates to Silver and Gold Partners.
>
>However, our local paper ran a large article on the cutbacks at Cisco
>(Ottawa/Kanata - Silicon North) and that article also said that Cisco is
>lessening the amount of CCIEs required.
>
>It used to be one CCIE for every $10m of product and now it will be one CCIE
>for $40m of product.
>
>So, that means that companies won't need as many CCIEs as before.  Does this
>shrink the market for CCIEs?  Will this affect whether you want/need to be a
>CCIE?   Will the market now have a glut of CCIEs since companies don't need
>as many any more.
>
>What to do think??
>
>Kevin Wigle

Steven Dangerfield, Network Engineer/Analyst
B.Eng, CCNA, CCSA

Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Totalise - the Users ISP
To become a member and a shareholder