to continue the thread, I've found a news release on Cisco's website:

http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/corp_030501.html

Quote:

Balanced Approach to Technical Staffing

The previous Cisco Channel Partner Program emphasized employing individuals
who have earned a Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIET)
certification. While CCIEs remain an important criterion for channel
certifications, the new more flexible program recognizes the broader array
of individual technical certifications that Cisco has developed over the
last three years. The program now balances the technical talent requirement
across the entire selection of Cisco associate, professional and expert
certified individuals.

"Hiring and retaining technical talent is a challenge for everyone in our
industry," said, Bob Norton, vice president, Select Inc. "We find by
focusing on specific solutions, Cisco certified associates and professionals
have the skills and knowledge to address most of our clients' needs,
allowing us to more effectively utilize the services of our CCIEs. The new
program's balanced emphasis on technical staffing proves Cisco is committed
to helping us succeed."

Unquote

So what they're saying is that they're saving the CCIEs for the tough jobs??

Haven't found the official word yet on the number of CCIEs required per
partnership.

Kevin Wigle