well, I don't know how much you know about the Cisco Channel/Partner system
but there are requirements at all partner levels.

A company needs to field "x" amount of certified people to maintain their
status.

Different levels of partners get different discounts on product, access to
training, access to marketing funds and a whole slew of other benefits.

Lowering this requirement actually helps companies.

But if company XYZ needed to have 4 CCIEs on staff to maintain an official
partnership with Cisco, but now only needs one - do you thing that company
XYZ will still hire 4 CCIEs?

Maybe a bunch of CCNPs/CCDPs - who get paid less - would be considered all
that company needs.

Which is where my question was going.  Will the market for CCIEs be somewhat
flooded as now there is 4 times the required among of them out there?

When it comes to the question of "why should Cisco determine how many CCIE's
are required" - well, it's their game and they get to call the rules.  If
you agree - fine, if not fine too but you don't get to be a member.

Kevin Wigle