Yes, yes, I agree.

The whole article is a contradiction to what I would think is the "normal"
expectation of what a CCIE does and therefore what all the CCxAs, CCxPs are
supposedly striving to become.

Whereas some of the new Channel Partner requirements make it more difficult
for the small companies (more certified bodies, specialization points, etc)
the new sales dollar amount per CCIE is beneficial for the large companies
since they don't "have" to pay CCIE salaries.

Perhaps this is where they intend to put all the new found "extra" CCIEs
????
But do project managers bring down the same bucks?
Do I want to be a CCIE project manager?

How about:

"and put more responsibility on the shoulders of associate, professional and
expert certified Cisco partners."

Does that mean that the rest of us get a raise for the more responsibility
????

and just what is an:

"expert certified Cisco partners." ??????

More questions than answers on this new Channel Program.  Combine that with
Cisco downsizing and where does that leave us CCIE wannabees?

I sent a post earlier that said that Cisco certification provided the best
return on certification training dollar, but will that continue in the wake
of these shake-ups?

Kevin Wigle