At 04:11 PM 3/15/01, Groupstudy wrote:
>I beg to differ a little here.  If you have ever monitored the DHCP servers
>utilization, you will have noted it barely creeps over a percent or
>two...ever.  You certainly don't need it running on a high performance
>computer.

OK, I believe you. I was worried about the case of 100s of computers
contacting the DHCP server at once, say first thing in the morning. But I
guess this wouldn't happen unless the lease time ran out on the 100s of
computers at the same time.

Also, I thought he was going to put DHCP services on a router also doing
routing. If he's thinking about putting it on an old router that is no
longer routing, that's different. Could be a lot cheaper than using NT!

Thanks,

Priscilla