I know this doesn't help much, but I wanted to add that I've also had
problems with 2600 series routers and reverse telnet.  I've gotten reverse
telnet to work just beautifully on 2500s, 3600s, 4000s, and 7500s, but I've
*never* gotten it to work on a 2610 or 2620.  I suppose I may have bad luck
with the 2600 series but that just seems strange.  I've even used every
piece of advice I've ever gotten from the group to no avail.  It's weird,
and I tried for quite a while to figure out the problem.  I even posted the
question on the CCO TAC Q&A Forum but no one answered it.

I've also tried this with different IOS images with the same results.

Good luck, and if you figure it out, let us know!

John