hey! somebody gets it! Thanks Priscilla:

It always bothers me that full-duplex is refereed to as 200 meg.  The
server folks always think that all their performance issues will go away
when they go to "full-duplex".  Sure, no collision, but considering the
unbalanced nature of client/server traffic it doesn't make that big of a
throughput difference.

I'm surprised that my T1's are not referred to as 3 mbps links. They are
full-duplex too   :->

DaveC