I see no dialer-list command in your central site config.

CM

-----Original Message-----
From: Shoaib Waqar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 01 May 2001 09:15
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ISDN BRI up but does not ping [7:2712]

I am getting trouble in ISDN bri link. I have a
Central site Router 3640 with 12.1.8 IP/IPX plus IOS.
the route has 4 port BRI module. The remote site is
having 2503, all u know that it has 1 port BRI. remote
site is running 11.2.1 version of IOS. The call is
placed using simple DDR commands as:

Cisco 3640 Router
=================
Int bri 2/0
ip add 130.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
encap ppp
dialer idle-timeout 300
dialer fast-idle 300
dialer string xxxxxxxx
dialer-group 1

Remote site (2503):
===================

Int bri 0
ip add 130.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
encap ppp
dialer idle-timeout 300
dialer fast-idle 300

In this scenario, a/c to customer need, the central
site is placing call.When the call has placed, and we
see the debug output, it shows all the debug of ppp
negotiations and ISDN events as correct, with the
install route at the end. When i run 'show isdn
status' it shows me all layers up with one active
layer 3 call also. Also 'show isdn active' gives me
successful call to remote site. So nothing seems to be
wrong with config. THE problem is that after
connectivity when i try to ping from central site the
remote site ip address, it times out. I took the 'show
ip route', and it gives me only connected routes but
dont show me the remote LAN network address of each
site which it should give as i m running EIGRP at both
sites. The primary link is working correctly as i have
an SCPC 128K link between the two sites as well and
showing correct routes. The switch type in pakistan
normally we use is basic-net3 (SIEMENS switch). Can
anyone plzz help me, where is the issue?? i have tried
everything, dialer profiles and all. but nothing seems
to be working, i cant ping the other side thru BRI.

Shoaib
CCNP,MCSE