I personally think that using dialer profiles are better than hard coding
the interface. It is also true that there is no dialer-list command to dial
for interesting traffic, and you don't have a route to use the bri interface
so it wouldn't know when to dial.

Wouldn't you need a dialer map command for interfaces, rather than specify
dialer string?

Albert