Check out this link. Is this kinda what you folks are talking about here?

http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47_STO54671,00.html

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Priscilla Oppenheimer
Sent:   Tuesday, May 08, 2001 11:55 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: Cisco HSRP Denial of Service Vulnerability [7:3534]

What is Ethernet emulation? It's definitely true that Ethernet is being
used across long distances, if that's what you mean. With single mode
fiber-optic cabling, Ethernet can span miles. Physical access is a
different story in this case, of course. The cables may actually be in
public places. They would be overhead on poles or underground, I guess,
though, wouldn't they?

I think it would still be very difficult to wreak havoc. Physical access
would be difficult, and even if you had it, network-layer hacking would be
hard to achieve. Wishful thinking? :-]

Thanks

Priscilla