On Thu, 10 May 2001, Kevin Wigle wrote:

> Unfortunately, HSRP tests the interface and not the path.  I would like an
> additional keyword like:
>
> Standby DestinationIP w.x.y.z
>
> If the destination is reachable - cool, if it isn't...... failover.
>
> This I think would give us the same capability that HSRP has with serial
> interfaces.

How about tracking a tunnel interface? Would that work? (The description
for show interface tunnel in the command reference implies that tunnel
interfaces are always up, but that the line protocol can be down if the
tunnel destination is no longer reachable.)

--
"Someone approached me and asked me to teach a javascript course. I was
about to decline, saying that my complete ignorance of the subject made