Brian,

what are we trying to do here - what we can get away with, or best pratice?

I would put it to you that the routes you advertise in this manner are *not*
globally routable - this is probably not as pertinent in the States as here
in Europe, where the traffic tends to be non-inter-contiental.  However I
guarantee you that the providers you mention filter routes from Europe and
other non-US origins - I have had trouble propagating routes to the US via a
number of the mentioned providers (whom I have used as US-transit in the
past), where the policies have not been *absolutely* spot on - generally
where a downstream has messed up their portion of the deal.  I would think
that some of your routes do not fully propagate across EMEA and Asia,
although this would be of less concern than Europe being able to
back-propagate to the US.

Your comments do beg the question as to why historically the major US
transit prividers have on occasion had global routing tables, which in turn
have been advertised to downstreams, 50% above the size of the "real" table
size

Fair enough, perhaps conditions are not so rigourous in the states, but over
here it is necessary to take a little care with one's RIPE-181/RPSL policies
and get them registered correctly.

Andy