On Wed, 16 May 2001, Brad McConnell wrote:

|+I can only speak from my own experiences, but I have quite a few Linux
boxes
|+plugged into a 6509, and if I hard-set both the switch and the NICs (Intell
|+EEPRO's, Dell servers) to 100full, I'm guaranteed to get errors, including
|+quite a few runts.  If I set them both to auto and let them negotiate
|+100full on their own, they're completely fat and happy.  This box happen to
|+run a different OS?  Otherwise, I'd target the drivers/module used by the
|+NIC, then the NIC itself.

It is an Intel EtherExpress Pros acutally running under BSD/OS. Ive
set them to Auto but IIRC they only autoed to 10/half to the 2924, so I
pegged the speed/duplex on the switch and the card auto'd up correctly.

Interestingly enough Ive got two other identical machines but they are
plugged into a Cat5500, 100/full and no errors on those ports. Then again
they are really low traffic machines.

Will fiddle with that tommorrow and see if it works.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Keith