OK kids.  Allowing packets from a lower security level interface to a higher
security level interface requires a conduit or access list.  So yes, it can
be
done.  I wouldn't forget about security though.  ;^)

D.

At 01:50 PM 05/21/2001 -0400, Rizzo Damian wrote:
>Actually it seems as if you understand exactly what I'm asking. Your idea is
>very similar to mine. However it didn't work unfortunately. Let me ask this
>another way, if you don't mind...You have an internet router which is
>directly connected to the external (un-trusted) interface of your PIX
>firewall. Basically I want to be able to access my internal LAN with private
>IP addresses from the Internet router with Public IP addresses. So I should
>be able to telnet onto my internet router and ping my privately held LAN.
>Forget about Security, I just want to know if it can be done. The static
>mapping doesn't seem to work. Probably because it require a one-to-one
>mapping no?   Thanks for any help in advance!
>

>  -Rizzo

***********************************
Darren S. Crawford
Lucent Technologies Worldwide Services
2377 Gold Meadow Way            Phone: (916) 859-5200 x310
Suite 230                               Fax: (916) 859-5201
Sacramento, CA 95670            Pager: (800) 467-1467
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Epager: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lucent.com           Network Systems
Consultant - CCNA, CCIE Written

                        "Providing the Power Operable Networks."

        "Ham and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment
for a
pig."