.....PICTURE THE SCENE...........

it`s 8.30am ....your palms are sweating so much you try and pull open the
door of the cisco building your hands slips of the rail and you land smack
on your rump.....a man walks past trying not to laugh with the words " Cisco
Proctor " emblazoned on a badge pinned to his jacket...

BAD START....

you at last walk through the door and attempt to speak your name to the
receptionist ...who replies.. i don`t have a ccccchhhhuuuccckkkk
laaaaaarrrrriiiiieeeuuuu on my list....so you write it down ..she smiles
back "oh !chuck ..." she says ....the smile becomes a frown ,becomes a look
of horror as she see`s CCIE LAB ...written next to you name .....and points
you in the direction of the coffee....there you run into me......Barking at
the moon shaped light ( WAY too much caffeine)..and cast your eyes on the
other sleep deprived (half mad) students all talking in ios commands ......
a man runs up to you and says " THERE CAN`T BE ANY IPX ON THE LAB ....CAN
THERE......CAN THERE" and promptly passes out ,mumblings something about how
stupid the tic is ....suddenly you cheer-up.....hey....if everyone else is
this bad i should be fine......and proceed to guzzle 2 pints of Red-bull

...just then the proctor strolls out..(GIT ...you think.... he`s already
passed the exam..)

GENTLEMEN....just a quick note ...the lab is now scheduled for one
day....the plus side to this is that you`ll know by tonight if you have
passed .......the bad news is that you now have 3 hours to build and
configure the network...( impossible you think,and you would be right)...1
hour for lunch ....and 4 hours to fix what i did to your network .......as
he turns he says..." yesterday i ended a long-term relationship and i`m in a
VERY bad mood".....to which news i stop howling and start crying ...everyone
else simply picks up there bags and says " Rollocks!" ...and
leaves...........what you do now is up to you ....

But i hardly think that something as simple as a one day lab is worth
worrying about ...Hey.... its only the rest of your life.....

"howling mad" steve