Hi Jeff,

I've worked for 2 telco's as a FR-troubleshooter. The experience I have is
that the telco looks at the logs of their FR-switch (we used the Stratacom
IPX/IGX) and if they see a utilisation of 70% or up, they declare the PVC is
overutilised. If you could tell me which provider you have, I could perhaps
provide you with some background info on that.

If you want to test wether it's the utilisation or something else that's
causing the problem, here's a scenario you might try: disable all forwarding
off packets towards your FR PVC (with a temporary accesslist for example)
and monitor your interface for a while. The only traffic between you and
your provider should now be LMI. If the link continues to drop, there's
definitely another problem. Should it stay up, without errors, you've proven
that it's the utilisation causing the problems.

Hth,
Remmert