Well, if it's really really overloaded, it can cause the circuit to drop if
LMI packets aren't getting through to/from the FR switch.  But it's got to
be pretty chockers for that to happen.
You could bung traffic shaping on it and throttle back the traffic, so the
service isn't over-utilised, and see if you still get CRCs/errors/drops.
If you do, you then have some extra evidence to beat your telco over the
head with.

Is dlci 501 the only PVC on that service?  If not, do the other PVCs drop
as well?  If it's only one PVC affected, I'm not sure how over-utilising it
could cause the PVC to drop out.

JMcL

---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 24/07/2001

"Jeff" @groupstudy.com on 23/07/2001 11:20:11 pm