What is happeninng is that router is receiving (via RIP)
tunnel destination ip address route. That's what
"recursive routing" means. You shuold fix redistribution
into RIP. Tunnel end points must be known by some other
way.

Obviously, since your tunnel is up, you do have static
routes pointing to the other side. But, once the tunnel
is up, destination ip address is received via rip. Now,
the router thinks "how can tunnel destination be reached
via rip, if rip is supposed to work over tunnel, and tunnel
end point is reachable over rip, which is working over
tunnel ... recursion !

You should add some distribute list or route-map that
is preventing tunnel end points to be redistributed into
rip, and that will fix it.

Hope this helps.

Sasa