From: Priscilla Oppenheimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 1:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: CID test question [7:15131]

I would definitely put D in the "right" category. Bandwidth utilization by
a routing protocol is an important consideration in some cases. Also,
remember that parts of the CID test are pretty old. It still has questions
in it that the CID course developers wrote in the early to mid-1990s. ;-)
Bandwidth utilization was a big issue back then. People used to run RIP,
AppleTalk RTMP, and IPX RIP and SAP over low-bandwidth WAN links and
consume the whole link just for routing protocols.

Cisco even had a spreadsheet (they may still have it?) that they gave
customers to help them determine if their routing protocols would consume
too much bandwidth.

With EIGRP, you can configure how much bandwidth it is allowed to use, as I
recall. The other routing protocols don't have this feature.

So, I am leaning towards "all of the above, A,B,C, and D" being right.

Priscilla

At 02:04 PM 8/7/01, Ole Drews Jensen wrote:
>I agree with the answer given - ABC. You can always adjust the RP to the
>bandwidth.
>
>Hth,
>
>Ole
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~