I have a Cisco 4000 with 2 serial, 1 token ring and 2 ethernet interface.
However, when a "show interfaces" command is executed, there is only one
ethernet interface shown.

On the back of the router where the ethernet ports are, one is a typical
10baseT, RJ-45 connection, but the other is AUI which I do not have a
transceiver for; I just have a CAT5 cable from the 10baseT connector going
to my switch.

When I do a show interfaces command, ethernet 0 is up, but the protocol is
down. On my swith I do not see any activity lights for that port, so I am
thinking that my e0 is actually the AUI port.

How do I use the 10baseT interface?

--
Vik Evans - MCSE, CCNA, CCDA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]