Hi

If the NP has one RJ-45 and one AUI then you do not have 2 ethernet ports,
you have one. The NP-1E has one RJ45 and one AUI, the NP-2E has two each.
You use either the AUI or the RJ45, but not both at the same time. To use
one or the other use the interface command "media" and follow the options
available.

BTW, you may need a cross over cable to your switch too.

HTH
--
John Hardman CCNP MCSE