What are the results of show int bri0 and show isdn status?  That might
alert you to the problem.  If you've posted the entire config then you
definitely are missing at least one very important thing.

Look at the results of that output and let us know if the router is
even talking to the ISDN switch at the telco.  (hint hint)  :-)

thanks,
John

>>> "nettable_walker"  11/2/01 3:27:31 PM

11/2/2001   4:30pm  Friday

Professional's,  I would like to get traffic from Paris to use ISDN
when the
primary link goes done.
When the serial link goes down the ISDN never comes up.  I even added
static route to send ALL traffic from the ethernet to the BRI and the
BRI is
not coming up!  I did a clear ip route * to no avail.

Any ideas ?  I am sure it is a "simple" detail.

Config follows:

Paris#sho run
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1457 bytes
!
version 12.2
no service single-slot-reload-enable
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
!
hostname Paris
!
logging rate-limit console 10 except errors
aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authentication login NO_AUTHEN none
aaa authentication ppp default if-needed local
enable password cisco
!
username New_York_City password 0 cisco
username richard password 0 cisco
username kaiser password 0 cisco
ip subnet-zero
no ip finger
!
no ip dhcp-client network-discovery
!
!
!
!
interface Ethernet0
 description line to ftp server
 ip address 10.0.0.1 255.0.0.0
!
interface Serial0
 description line to 2522_router
 ip address 170.17.1.2 255.255.0.0
 no fair-queue
!
interface Serial1
 no ip address
 shutdown
!
interface BRI0
 ip address 172.20.10.1 255.255.255.0
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer idle-timeout 900
 dialer map ip 172.20.10.2 name New_York_City broadcast
 dialer-group 1
 isdn spid1 1111
 isdn spid2 1111
 isdn x25 static-tei 0