A very distant shout from the lives of some of those we owe...

Thomas Hobbs, Charles Babbage, Albert Smee, Alan Turing.  It never ceases to
amaze me that 'success', in modern America, equals money.  It used to equate
with knowledge and the gaining thereof.  Though some of the early digital
pioneers died poor and alone, I doubt the names of many contemporary CEOs
will last as long in history.  Nor do I feel their contribution(s) have been
of equal value.  The soul of this new machine deserves far better than greed
as the primary motivator.

Best, G.
Vice-president (honorary), Old Geezers Club