> The trouble is that Cisco has made this certification seem so
"unachievable"
> and so "frightening" and of course "so much wantable" that it creates a
> market for "knowing the unknown" and "taming the untamed". So you are ok,
in
> looking at the tremendous opportunity amidst all this, and make a business
> out of it.

The people who have passed (about 7500 of them) don't think it's
"unachievable" anymore.  The trouble is not Cisco - it's the experience of
people who go into the lab unprepared and discovering that it's not just
configuring basics on a router.  Also, echoing Dave Madsen, in the 'old
days', there were no study materials (unlike other certification programs),
which made the lab that much more mysterious, and the NDA is so strong that
no one would dare step out to share information.

> I am also aware of the fact that nothing in this world is free, and
anything
> that is free is NOT APPRECIATED. But there is a limit to how much you can
> charge, especially with the non-proprietory nature of the knowledge. 650$
> translates to roughly 1200$ over here in Australia, and would translate to
> about 30K in some places in Asia. And that includes just scenarios.

I appreciate the FatKid (free) labs.  In fact, I've offered on one occassion
to help Derek modernize and expand the lab scenarios.  His lack of response
indicates his interest in that endeavor.

> So what are you doing, creating another MICROSOFT ?

Interesting question.  I'm interested in Marc's answer.