We have several of these machines in our network.  The only ones having
a problem are connected to 2924XLs.  There was one here in our
department that was connected to a hub that was attached to a 1900 with
STP turned off.  It had absolutely no issues whatsoever...until we moved
it to another drop that was connected to a 2924XL.  Pretty weird!

Our LAN people are still working on different permutations.  They found
an advisory from Novell about something similar.  It could be some
strange interaction between STP BPDUs, the NIC drivers, and a particular
file on the Netware client.

>>> "Chuck Larrieu"  1/18/02 3:50:03 PM >>>
have you tried this particular machine in the other switches?

sometimes a bad windows installation on a pc will blue screen no
matter
what.

""John Neiberger""  wrote in message
> We're having an interesting issue that just appeared recently.  We
have
> some Dell PCs running Netware 6 and new client software.  We're not
sure
> why, but if one of these machines is connected to a 2924XL switch,
it
> regularly experiences a blue screen of death either at login or
within 5
> minutes of login.
>
> We have identical machines that operate fine if they're connected to
> our Bay switches or Cisco 1900 switches.
>
> Have any of you seen anything like this??  That makes no sense to
me.
> The only difference I've been able to determine is that Spanning Tree
is
> turned off on those particular Bay switches and 1900 switches, yet it
is
> turned on on the 2924XL switches.  So, perhaps these PCs are
reacting
> badly to STP BPDU.
>
> Any thoughts?  Our LAN people are doing some testing with different
NIC