I have seen this happen when you have a speed and duplex
mismatch.  (actually 10baseT hooking into a 100baseT hub with no dual speed
mechanism, old school stuff).  Then when you go into network neighborhood,
BOOM.  Check that first.  This might be the case if the NICs are only
10baseT hooking into a 100BaseT Switch that might be locked at that speed.

At 09:46 AM 1/21/02 -0500, Patrick Ramsey wrote:
>Have you enabled portfast?  sometimes things like this can happen because
>the client is having difficulties seeing traffic to bind to.  It takes
>forever on a cisco cwitch to get a good link if portfast is not enabled.
>
>-Patrick

>have you tried this particular machine in the other switches?
>
>sometimes a bad windows installation on a pc will blue screen no matter
>what.
>
>""John Neiberger""  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > We're having an interesting issue that just appeared recently.  We have
> > some Dell PCs running Netware 6 and new client software.  We're not sure
> > why, but if one of these machines is connected to a 2924XL switch, it
> > regularly experiences a blue screen of death either at login or within 5
> > minutes of login.
> >
> > We have identical machines that operate fine if they're connected to
> > our Bay switches or Cisco 1900 switches.
> >
> > Have any of you seen anything like this??  That makes no sense to me.
> > The only difference I've been able to determine is that Spanning Tree is
> > turned off on those particular Bay switches and 1900 switches, yet it is
> > turned on on the 2924XL switches.  So, perhaps these PCs are reacting
> > badly to STP BPDU.
> >
> > Any thoughts?  Our LAN people are doing some testing with different NIC
> > software and Novell client software and I'll post back to the list if we
> > determine the actual cause of the issue.  But can you think of why it
> > would only happen if they're connect to a 2924?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
-Carroll Kong