Is your carrier not allowing ILMI ???

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 9:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ATM issue [7:33802]

How can I detect an ATM link went down?

Due to business reason, we are in a process to replace old Frame Relay
connections with ATM connections. But when Carrier's ATM network had
problem
and one of the ATM link went down, the router interface attached to it
still
shows up up. For that reason the ISDN backup interface on the same
router
wouldn't automatically dial the remote end, and we couldn't meet 7x24
requirement.

There was no such problem before switching to ATM. It works perfectly
with
FR connections and ISDN DDR Backup. If there was a problem in one of the
FR
links, the interface attached to it will go down and the ISDN interface
will
automatically dial the remote end.

Is there any way to get around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Tony