Where did you get 28MB from?  In your original email you said that each
location needs 14 MB.  Are you taking into account that the circuit is
full duplex and adding the input and output rates together? If so, that
is not necessary.

If you have three remote sites with 15MB fractional DS3 frame relay
service (assuming you can get that from your provider) then you only
need a single DS3 at your central location, again assuming that your
provider offers a frame relay DS3.

John

>>> "Yatou Wu"  2/1/02 12:07:11 PM >>>
thanks for your reply. sorry that I didn't make my question clear.

Actually what I want to know is that, if the port speed requirment to
every
remote site is 28mb, then the aggregate port speed requirement in
central
site would be 84mb. should I order 2 T3 access circuits or 3 at the
central
site? if 2, how can i config the 3 DLCI across the 2 T3 circuits?
because
there would be 1 DLCI needed to be split between the 2 T3 circuits.

thanks again!

Yatou

>From: "Patrick Ramsey"
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: frame relay question [7:34090]
>Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:41:34 -0500
>
>I usually use the 1 to 8 rule....  for every 8mb you think you need,
order
>1
>
>Will each facility be pumping a solid 14mb across the wan all day
long?

>If so, one ds3 (45mb) will suffice at the HQ....then purchase shaped
DS3
>circuits for the WAN... (15mb shape)
>
>-Patrick

>Hi,
>
>if there are one central site and three remote sites. all the remote
sites
>need to connect to the central site. now I need to decide the access
>circuit
>and port speed for the central site. the CIR requirement are
following:

>Remote site A: 14M
>Remote site B: 14M
>Remote site C: 14M
>
>how many T3 access Circuits and ports are needed for the central
sites?

>any advise is highly appreciated!
>
>yatou

transmitted with it may contain confidential and
>/or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health
System,