ouch!

we have no such restrictions here in Atlanta!  :)

>>> "Chuck Larrieu"  02/01/02 02:34PM >>>
Some telcos have some basic oversubscription requirements, designed more so
that they can sell you more bandwidth than as a real practical requirement.

Here in California, for example, the local telco permits no more than a 2
for 1 oversubscription.

So if you have 20 spokes, each at 256K CIR, then you MUST have a minimum
2.56 megabit CIR at your center ( fractional DS3 or ATM ), for example.

I believe the reasoning is that the telco does not want a lot of calls
complaining about their circuits when the problem is overutilization of
bandwidth. And they want to sell you more, of course. ;->

Chuck

""Patrick Ramsey""  wrote in message
> I usually use the 1 to 8 rule....  for every 8mb you think you need, order
1

> Will each facility be pumping a solid 14mb across the wan all day long?
>
> If so, one ds3 (45mb) will suffice at the HQ....then purchase shaped DS3
> circuits for the WAN... (15mb shape)
>
> -Patrick

> Hi,
>
> if there are one central site and three remote sites. all the remote sites
> need to connect to the central site. now I need to decide the access
circuit
> and port speed for the central site. the CIR requirement are following:
>
> Remote site A: 14M
> Remote site B: 14M
> Remote site C: 14M
>
> how many T3 access Circuits and ports are needed for the central sites?
>
> any advise is highly appreciated!
>
> yatou

transmitted with it may contain confidential and
> /or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health System,
> Inc. ("WellStar") and is intended only for the individual or entity to
whom
> addressed.  This email may contain information that is held to be
> privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If