This is here now. It is called 802.1x and the operating system must support
it natively. The only operating system supporting it now is Windows XP and
.NET. Microsoft has made the statement that they will not be porting it to
Windows 2000. You'll remember a number of bugs back when XP Beta came out
and how switches VMPS/URT capable were choking on 802.1x packets. Cisco
switches are capable of supporting 802.1x now.

David C Prall [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://dcp.dcptech.com

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.