From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Ladrach, Daniel E.
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 6:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: MBA or CCIE [7:41809]

I was considering both options I have a MIS degree from The Ohio
State University. After getting my CCNP and working for a large ISP and
seeing a co-worker pass the lab and get nothing but a pat on the back from
our company; I made the decision to enroll in an MBA program this fall.
After carefully reviewing my options, I did not want to put myself in such a
nich market. I think you need to ask yourself where can you go with a CCIE?
ISP, Consult, work for yourself. I know there are other companies that would
hire a CCIE but you probably would not be utalized to your full potential.
Also, a MBA does not expire and if you ever want to be a CTO or CIO most
likely you are going to need the education. I have debated this same topic
with my friends and co-workers and there is no easy answer. I think it is
personal preference but I will say a few things about the CCIE, salaries are
coming down due to the fact that there are more CCIE's(some are not the
experts they should be). The only reason I say this is once you get your
CCIE you should be an expert hence Internetworking Expert. I know people may
disagree with some of these statements, but I have seen some CCIE candidates
that have issues with basic skills.

Daniel Ladrach
CCNA, CCNP
WorldCom