"Wes Stevens"  wrote in message
> Maybe other companies are different but to make it here you have to
> have to pedigree comming out of school i.e. stick it out for an MBA and it
> better be from a top tier (and no U of M is not on the list) school. If
not
> you will never see an upper management position.

You must be right.... depends on the company.  I don't know where you work,
but there are plenty of medium to medium-large companies where an MBA and 10
years experience in the tech field is a prime resume for CIO or Director or
IS, etc......  And although I'm sure there are plenty of companies where
they are looking for the a "pedigree from a top tier school", I also think
that if one can get into a CIO position for one of these medium to
medium-large companies for a few years then you'd have a good shot at even
those companies that are more selective.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike W.